THIS IS MY FIRST TIME! WHERE DO I START?
If you want to learn how to work with hair extensions, first sign up for a free stylist account and then enroll in our Zoom Tape-In Certification Courses.
HOW MANY WEFTS OF HAIR DO I NEED FOR A FULL HEAD INSTALLATION?
- For Tape-In extensions, thin haired clients will need about 3-5 packs, medium haired clients will need about 4-6 packs, and thick haired clients will need 6-8 packs; for volume/fullness, use 1-2 packs. Keep in mind, these numbers depend on the length and thickness of the client’s hair.
HOW MANY STRANDS ARE IN EACH PACKAGE?
- Each pack of Tape-In includes 10 individual wefts, or 5 sandwiches.
WHAT IS REMY HAIR?
- Remy hair is the highest grade of quality for hair extensions. Made with real human hair, each cuticle faces the same direction to create a soft and natural look that is less prone to tangles and knotting. All of our professional hair extensions are 100% Remy hair with the cuticles intact.
DO YOU SELL AT OTHER PLACES BESIDES YOUR WEBSITE?
- Yes, we participate with your local CosmoProf and Armstrong McCall stores as an approved reseller. If you are unsure of the genuine nature of the product from anywhere but our website, please contact email@example.com to direct you to an approved reseller or check our Store Locator tab.
WHAT COLOR SHOULD I CHOOSE?
- Because we have a wide variety of colors in different shades and levels, we recommend you purchase our Twisted Fringe Color Ring to help you make the right decision. Check out our Color Finder chart to learn more about our wide variety of colors.
WILL THE EXTENSIONS DAMAGE MY HAIR?
- This is a fair question to ask because some early users of extensions had an unfortunate or uncomfortable experience. When extensions are installed correctly, properly taken care of, and carefully removed using recommended techniques and best practices, you will greatly reduce the possibility of compromising the integrity of the hair.
HOW DO I PROPERLY CARE FOR MY EXTENSIONS?
Check out this video to learn more!
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO INSTALL HAIR EXTENSIONS?
- A full head of Tape-In’s can be installed between 30 minutes to 1 hour.
WHAT CAN I DO WITH MY HAIR ONCE THE EXTENSIONS ARE IN?
- Anything from curling, blow-drying, flat-ironing, or any other style you want to try! Make sure to apply heat protection to the hair prior to using any heat-styling tools and apply hair products and conditioners from the mid-shaft down.
CAN I BRUSH MY HAIR WITH EXTENSIONS IN PLACE?
- Absolutely! We recommend each stylist educate their customers on how to use Twisted Fringe’s hair extension brush, which is designed with staggered boar hair and nylon bristles. This design allows the user to brush through the points of hair extension attachment. This ensures proper care and maintenance. Make sure to never tug/pull at the attachment points!
CAN I COLOR MY HAIR EXTENSIONS?
Great news-- you sure can! If you need to color your extensions, here are our recommended tips:
- Always color the extensions before an install, avoiding the bonds.
- Be sure to only use a semi- or demi- permanent hair color, or direct dye.
- Never lift color. Only deposit up to two shades of the hair’s original color.
- Perform a strand test: before committing to the entire lot of extensions, test out the color on a strand to examine the results.
- Check out this video here to learn more about the retaping process
WHY SHOULD I CHOOSE TWISTED FRINGE?
- Twisted Fringe ensures the hair is top quality through ethical sourcing, expert crafting, and careful coloring processes. See more info here!
WHERE DOES THE HAIR COME FROM?
- Twisted Fringe is committed to upholding ethical and sustainable business practices. All of our hair is ethically sourced from women who receive proper compensation for the hair they’ve parted with. In many communities, this source of income can sustain their families for many months, and in some cases, up to a year.
WHY SHOULD I CREATE AN ACCOUNT?
- Don't let the few extra seconds to create an account annoy you! Creating an helps us better serve you as a stylist and provide you with our promotions and can get you early access to discounts. We want to make sure that professional stylists are utilizing our products. Having an account is the only way to see pricing and purchase from us.
I FORGOT TO USE A PROMO CODE ON MY ORDER, CAN YOU HELP ME?
- Oh no! Sadly, promo codes may not be applied to an order after you’ve placed it, so please be sure to add it before completing your order! Keep in mind, only one promo code is allowed per order.
CAN I CANCEL OR CHANGE AN ORDER AFTER I’VE PLACED IT?
- Getting your order to you with speed and accuracy is our top priority. Once you submit your order, the process begins immediately to get your order ready. While we will put in a valiant effort to save the day, we will be unable to guarantee or honor requests for order changes and cancellations. Please note, if your order cannot be updated or cancelled, we cannot be held liable to provide return labels or refunds for shipping costs. If there are any immediate questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, Monday-Friday between the hours of 8am-5pm (PST), except US holidays.
WHERE DO I FIND THE ONLINE EDUCATION VIDEOS?Congratulations on a great choice! You can find our YouTube videos here but our education is offered through online certification Zoom courses here: https://twistedfringehair.com/pages/tape-in-certification.