Ensure client’s hair is dry and clean, free from any products or oils.
Clarify hair if necessary.
- Part client’s hair in a T shape.
- Begin installing Tape Extension wefts near the nape of client’s neck. Secure top layers of hair out of the way. Leave 1 ½ inch section of untouched hair at the base of the head.
- Remove adhesive backing from one Tape Extension weft. Place weft on client’s hair about ½ inch away from scalp. Gently press weft with thumbs to adhere.
- Lift extension up by the ends. All of client’s hair needed underneath will have attached to tape. Gather this hair with the extension for clean parting before installing corresponding weft.
- Remove adhesive backing for second Tape Extension weft. Place weft directly underneath the first one. This will sandwich the natural hair between the two extensions.
- Repeat steps 2 through 5. Work on 1 layer at a time, moving up the head. Do not install above horseshoe or crown section of head.
- Work on sides of head next. Do a thick hair application. Remember to leave 1 inch perimeter of hair free around the hairline to hide connection points.
Tape in Hair Extensions need to be moved up every 4 to 6 weeks and can be reused up to 3 times with proper care.
Tape Hair Extensions may be reused 1 to 3 times. To reuse, use Tape Remover to clean off adhesive residue. Then apply Replacement Tape on the wefts and apply as normal. Organize each extension strand upon removal so you can re-attach each strand in the same position as before. This will ensure that you will not have to reblend the extensions.
Brush with the Hair Extension Brush and avoid hair care products containing sulfates.
- Working on one weft at a time, start at the top row of Tape Extensions and work your way to the bottom row.
- Generously apply the Tape Remover to the center of one of the adhesive bonds. Wait a few seconds for Remover to soak in.
- Stick the end of a rattail comb into the center of the weft to release the bond’s hold. Gently pull the adhesive away, working outward from the center, and slide the extensions out of the hair. (Do not tug on hair. Apply more Tape Remover if necessary.)
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 working down the back of the head and on the sides, until each weft is removed.
- Note: If there is adhesive residue left on your clients hair use the Oil Tape Remover to remove it. A clarifying shampoo will be needed on your clients hair, that has been exposed to the oil remover, before reinstallation.